Mobile Website Design
Over the last decade the entire world has gone mobile — literally. In fact, there are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web from their mobile devices on a continuous basis. What does that say? Well, for one, it says that mobile is imperative. And two, mobile website design and mobile marketing are the way of today, and the future. Not only that, it doesn’t show any signs of slowing. Investing in mobile website designs for your business is becoming increasingly important because all of your clients or potential clients are mobile. User experience matters and it could increase your conversions and revenue considerably. A solid mobile website design will make it much easier for your clients to browse for what they need online, place an order or schedule an appointment.
The last thing they want to do is wait until they get home to do so – it’s likely that they will find another business [just like yours] to give them what they need, especially if your competitors are mobile.
Interesting Statistics on Mobile Web:
- 58% of all US consumers already own a smartphone.
- Over 1.2 billion people access the web from their mobile devices.
- Global mobile traffic now accounts for 15% of all Internet traffic.
- No one screen size has more than 20% of the market share.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
- 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store, and another 50% while on their way to a store.
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether that’s on smartphones, PCs, tablets or TV.
- Almost half a billion tablets will ship in 2013 and 2014 alone.
- Tablet users spend 50% more than PC users.
- 25.85% of all emails are opened on mobile phones, and 10.16% are opened on tablets.
- Mobile-based searches make up one quarter of all searches.
- 95% of smartphone users have searched for local info.
- Every 100ms increase in load time decreases sales by 1%.
There’s no possible way to deny these statistics. The future of marketing your business has gone mobile. Having a mobile website design and utilizing mobile marketing is something that could boost your business’ profits quite considerably.